On 09/08/2009, at 4:51 PM, Severin Crisp wrote:

After a certain amount of toing and froing and hassling I have my G5 back where it was with 10.5.7 and will move to 10.5.8 in due course when all dust has settled. All is happily clean installed and restored - god bless Time Machine for those regular backups. My only minor annoyance is that my short user name is not what I want, a product of the whole process. Help says this is not able to be changed, but make another account with the name you wish. OK, but having done that how do I mirror/transfer everything from the account I will no longer need?

Severin ,

I think this document will answer your needs

<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1428>

Bob

Lovely and sunny here in Albany!
Severin Crisp
                  Assoc Professor R Severin Crisp, FIP, CPhys, FAIP
      15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia.
                   Phone  (08) 9842 1950   (Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           email  mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au