just my 2c
was it 2-3 weeks ago i had problems with java & after a for & back with our very own macintosh professor Ronni it boiled down to the fact that software update is not as reliable is it should be in my case all the missing java updates where not recognized & i had to update in 6 steps all manually also all professional apps made by apple are not included in the software update
James