In my experience the data is inserted into the photo by the camera. Older ones used to do this, however new models shouldn't do this anymore.

On 19 Aug 2009, at 06:50, Barry & Leith Johnston wrote:

Hello. I am trying to print photos from IPhoto with the original date in the bottom right hand corner of the photo. I am using a Canon Pixma MP510. The IPhoto application is rather old version 7.1. I think the application is the place to insert the information, but I can't see if there is a way to do it.
Any ideas??

Thanks   Barry Johnston