On 10/09/2009, at 2:09 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

NEW (RELATED) QUESTION:

Hello Neil,

Well, I never did find a way to change the download behaviour but now, given SL's different take on creator and type codes, I am wondering whether the problem/fix might change - so my question - to any SL users who could check:

1)  Does a downloaded .csv file still look the same in "get info" ie:
- Get info shows "kind" as "Microsoft Excel Document" and "open with" as
"Microsoft Excel"

No, my downloaded .csv shows in "Get Info" as "Kind" CSV Document
- Get info icon is a  blank page icon

No, it has an icon with text

2)  Does a downloaded.csv file still just show a blank page icon in
quicklook (and get info preview).

No, it shows as a spreadsheet (table format)

3) If the answer to 1) & 2) is yes, does changing the "kind" to "text"
still solve the problem (ie restore the quicklook view).

No need to as the answers to ! & 2 are NO :-)

I'm just wondering how all this ties together!

If you would like Neil I can send you off list a couple of screenshots of the two windows.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard