Hi Jennifer,
Just to add to James' comment, I believe that e-mail receipts are discouraged these days because there is also a security and privacy. Scammers know if they get a receipt back that your e-mail address is valid, and therefore worth sending more 'scam'.

So like so much on the internet, what was a good feature is now something used to advantage by the 'nasty' people.

    Cheers  ... Clyde