Hello WAMUGers

There is something that has been an annoyance to me for quite some time.

When I am using Apple Mail (Version 2.1.3 (753.1) on my old G4 (which I use for emails, see specs below), I have trouble getting the window settings in the Mail>preferences and Mail>address book areas of Mail to hold.

I go to Address Book from the Mail tool Bar and the columns are all squashed up to the left of the window. I reset them but the next time I go there, with or without a re-start/log-out/re-boot, they're all squashed up again. This means that I can't see the full email address or signatures panes. So I have to re-size each and every time. Not the end of the world but a damn nuisance.

This has been going on for a few years now, through Panther, Tiger and Leopard on a G5.

I've trashed preferences and plists, upgraded the Operating system many times, searched google, etc., etc. But this has me stumped.

Am I missing something or is this the way things are supposed to be? I've never actually checked on someone else's system.

Could some kind person please check their machine to see if this is normal. Sorry to bother you all with this. Now I am the nuisance.

Regards

Greg Manzie
Director

Glyde Gallery Conservation
Conservators, Consultants and Picture Framers,
for Museums, Art Galleries and Collectors.

5 Glyde Street,
Mosman Park.
Western Australia 6012

Phone   (08) 9383 3929
Mobile  0448 844 381

Email   gman...@bigpond.net.au

My Macs:

Machine Name:                   Power Mac G4 (PCI graphics)
Machine Model:                  PowerMac1,2
CPU Type:                               PowerPC G4  (2.6)
Number Of CPUs:                 1
CPU Speed:                              400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU):             1 MB
Memory:                                 1 GB
Bus Speed:                              100 MHz
Boot ROM Version:               1.1.2f2
Upgraded:                               2 x 120GB Hard drives, Pioneer DVD-RW
DVR-107D
OS:                                             10.4.11

Model Name:                             MacBook Pro
Model Identifier:                       MacBookPro5,3
Processor Name:                 Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed:                        2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors:   1
Total Number Of Cores:  2
L2 Cache:                               3 MB
Memory:                                 4 GB
Bus Speed:                              1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version:               MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system):   1.48f2
Serial Number (system): W892622M642
Hardware UUID:                  4490873B-939A-5DD8-A191-B6C89F754F67
Sudden Motion Sensor:   Enabled
OS:                                             10.6.1