On 01/10/2009, at 9:24 AM, David de la Hunty wrote:

hey all
Does anyone use this app on iphone?
problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to log off the iphone app so if you are getting messages on your computer the phone keeps beeping away with the same message.
Anyone know how to suspend the app or whatever?
thanx
DD
iphone 3g 3.1 OS

Hello David,

I don't use the App, but check your settings in AOL Instant Messenger.

You can "Sign Out" anytime by going to "My Info" screen.
The "My Info" tab shows your own AIM profile in a similar manner to that shown for other users, and also allows you to change your status, sign out, view your location information, and adjust your preferences.

The AOL AIM app will keep you logged in for 24 hours and it has push notifications so you're alerted if someone sends you a message.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard