Hello Severin

Third party software offers many advantages in this area. Two products come to mind.

I use Vuescan and am very happy with it. Silverfast is also used by many professionals. A little more complicated than Epson software at first, but you get used to it.

There are free demos of both available.

Vuescan <http://www.hamrick.com/>

Silverfast <http://www.silverfast.com/product/Epson/en.html> <http:// www.silverfast.com/scanner-software/>

Kind regards

Greg Manzie
Director

Glyde Gallery Conservation
Conservators, Consultants and Picture Framers,
for Museums, Art Galleries and Collectors.

5 Glyde Street
Mosman Park
Western Australia 6012

ABN     89 154 124 265