Hi Brian

As I do this on a fairly regular basis as The network at (GMUG) monthly
meetings run this way Let you know of some of the problems that I have
experienced while running Internet sharing

In the airport menu bar I am guessing your icon looks like this <
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2527/picture2xx.png>

If not you will need to go back to Sharing. Sure that the box next
to Internet Sharing Is checked
<http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/515/picture1yh.png>

Also sometimes turning this Off then on again can fix some problems

Next you could try going to go system preferences --> networking On your
laptop and make sure the IP address in the AirPort Section Starts with
"10." As I have seen some computers connect to the network perfectly fine
but have been assigned the wrong IP address

On the iMac you may also want to try finders preferences You want to go
general Then turn on connected servers Then go to the sidebar tab
and turn on all the options under sharing shared

<http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7216/picture2ztf.png>
<http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8990/picture3nf.png>

--
Regards Kyle

Kyle Kreusch - Webmaster, (GMUG) Ambassador
This e-mail was Dictated Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9

(GMUG) - Geraldton Macintosh User Group
Website: <http://www.gmug.org.au/>