Hi Steven

I have seen flags used in Outlook as well.

Cheers,  Alex

On 23/11/2009, at 8:50 PM, Steven Knowles wrote:

Apple Mail provides the ability to 'flag' an email. It's a feature which is quite handy in my case, in which I have an IMAP account, and others who can access the IMAP account with Mail can see the flag also. The flag acts as a communication device between us, indicating whether a particular message has been actioned. Mail's Rules also offers the ability to flag a message at the time a rule has been applied.

One of the others who can access the IMAP account uses Opera on a Windows machine. It seems that he doesn't see these flags, unless of course there is some setting or view which he needs to activate. But assuming for a moment that Opera simply doesn't recognise the flagged aspect of a message on the server, is there any other Windows email client which will do so?

Cheers, Steven