My dramas with Bigpond Wireless are similar, except that I'm using the Maxon
BP3-EXT modem. I frequently experience dropouts early in the morning between
6am and 8am, or after prolonged periods of inactivity. Usually, all I do is
disconnect the modem, wait for perhaps 15 or 20 seconds and reconnect.

I do not use Bigpond support if I can help it, as I have found the experience
doubly frustrating than the dropouts.

It's not a good situation, but I'll live with it until I find something better.
I attribute the dropouts to crowded online conditions, but this is only a guess
on my part.

Vlad James
ink...@bigpond.com
wireless