Hi David

We bought an Epsom V500 last year from H.N. for about $450 and it does an excellent job on slides and old colour and b/w photos (we haven't tried negatives yet) and it comes with a host of different sized holders. The ICE software that comes with it does a really good job of cleaning up scratches, dust marks and colour blemishes.

It is quite slow if you use the highest definition scanning

Regards  Allen