HI peter,

As an ex-PDA consultant/retailer I've had all sorts of combinations of sync between Palm, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and iPhone and entourage.

I must say that I found the windows mobile (the OS your HTC Touch Pro 2 runs) the most cranky, with quite a few episodes of failure to connect and wipes. This is with different windows mobile devices and pcs as well as macs. There is alot of documentation out there about how finicky ActiveSync can be (just google it!), so I'm glad your combination at work is working for you.

Apple have a built in syncing facility called "sync services" which enables syncing between different macs and mobile devices, so syncing entourage is definitely possible. This is probably easiest with an iPhone, but can also be done on your touch, a blackberry or even a palm device. There is also a commercially available program called the missing sync which enables syncing for many different brands of smartphone (including the HTC touch pro)

Basic instructions on how to sync contacts and calendars in entourage with an iphone are here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1670

Email sync depends on what kind of email account you have - the best way is via the use of an IMAP email account like gmail. There are plenty of ways to get email on your smartphone, for this you need to elaborate more on what sort of email accounts you want to sync (?your work account? if so is this a Microsoft Exchange email account - you may need to talk to your IT guy at work to check this. ?a personal email account - if so is it a gmail account? Hotmail? your ISP email account, which one?)

As for SMS - the built in Address book program on your mac will allow you to SMS by typing on your macbook keyboard so long as your phone is connected to your macbook via bluetooth. However, if you need to do this maybe you need a new phone with a touchscreen/keyboard and your contacts synced with your phone because I generally find it faster to do it on the phone!

Dave