Numbers 1.0 came out in '08 and numbers 2.0 came out in '09.

They were the same but different........

I experienced much frustration when things you built into 1.0 were not supported by 2.0 or behaved quite differently.

I now use both on my computer because of these changes - frustrating.

Having said that Numbers behaves itself very well and does most things expected of a good spreadsheet. Not quite as powerful as Excel but much friendlier and you can use more of its power as a result.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene