Hi Graeme
Have you tried using the HP utility tool procedure?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00843712&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_au/c00843712/loc:2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=au&lang=en&product=3560275#
Merv

Graeme Winters wrote:
Some time ago I listed a problem with this printer scanner in that I could not
scan at all.

For over 2 weeks I have been exchanging emails with HP Support trying various
fixes to allow me to print while in Windows
The position is this

I can now print and also scan while using any Apple function

When I switch to use MYOB running in Windows I am unable to print at any report
So far I have I have tried all the moves suggested by HP and the New Hardware
indicator has not appeared. My email exchange with HP is now out to 8 pages
long when printed

When I purchased this Imac 27 I obtained the Parallels package as I wished to
continue using MYOB despite it being a MYOB for Windows package
I can use MYOB but still cannot print a report from MYOB
All of the HP software  and drivers deemed necessary have been downloaded

When I now go through Control Panel in Windows > Printers the HP 5300 series is
not shown. So I guess I cannot expect it to print
The printer USB connection has been removed and reconnected but Windows did not acknowledge the printer and when connection is attempted manually the HP installed ie the 5300 series is not listed

HP have now suggested that the problem is with Windows not theirs

Has anyone else had this problem running Windows within the Mac

Have I missed something or is this a Windows problem?
Graeme Winters
IMac 27

"Science teaches that we must see in order to believe, but we must also believe in order to see."