Hi Peter,

That is interesting. I didn't think you needed USB activated on the VM to
use the VM printer port (or a Bonjour printer). From your description, it
sounds like you added the printer as a USB printer directly connected to the
virtual machine.

I've never tried that but I understood that it had the disadvantage that the
USB port must be allocated to either the VM or to OSX - it can't be shared
(though it can be switched between the two).

Is there any particular reason you used this approach - other than the
obvious one of IT WORKED!

I guess what I really mean was: Is there a reason that the more usual
Parallels shared printer approach (our Bonjour approach) couldn't be used -
is it because it is a multi-function device (rather than a simple printer)

Cheers

Neil (still learning!)
--
Neil R. Houghton