Hi Maureen,

The fact that it started working again and then stopped again tends to
suggest an intermittent hardware fault to me.

The first possible culprits to pop into my head are:

1) Faulty USB cable
2) Faulty USB port on the printer
3) Other fault with the printer
4) Faulty USB port on the computer

1) is easily checked by trying a different USB cable

Swapping the cable to a different USB port, as you have already done, would
tend to rule out 4) (unless both ports have problems)

If you open the System Profile application while the printer is connected,
look under "hardware" and select "USB" you can see all the USB devices
connected to your computer. If you cannot see the connected printer and you
have checked that the computer USB post and the USB cable are OK, then it
would point to a fault in the printer.

Try that first and see how you go.

Cheers

Neil