G'day folks,

At the WAMUG meeting on Tuesday questions were asked about the weather in Townsville, where we live.

We flew out for Perth on the 23rd!

Begin forwarded message:

Hi John and Helma

Hope you both are having a nice break in Perth. We are just recovering from the aftermath of Olga. I can't remember when you were leaving Townsville, you may have just missed it. As usual - 23rd Jan the town was flooded out. No doubt they closed the gates because of the king tide so the water couldn't get away. I have never seen it rain the way it did, bucketed down for 7 days non stop. My back and front yards resembled a lake!!! Now of course we are steaming out. Yesterday was so terribly hot and humid. I went down to Ryan to pick Nathan and Jes up from school and was on the verge of a collapse Today is going to be another scorcher and I have to drive out at 1.30pm. I intend to leave the air conditioner on so that when I get home it won't be as bad as yesterday.

Brian from next door came over and mowed ALL my grass as it was getting out of control. He is such a kind young man so today while out I will pick up a case of beer as a thank you.

Our place will be OK, we live on the side of a hill. So, now you know! :-)

ooroo