Thanks Peter. Can't get any better advice about Filemaker issues other than form you.

Be careful today!  All of you lovers!

Stuart Breden
PO Box 132
Kalamunda WA 6926
Ph: (08) 9257 1577
Mbl: 0417 053 266

On 09/02/2010, at 7:30 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:

On 08/02/2010, at 9:08 PM, Stuart Breden wrote:

Peter, with Bento 3 you can share libraries. These shared libraries are only available across the network if the 'owner' is logon and has Bento active.

I always follow what you have said when a staff member leaves.

Yes I can Export the shared libraries.

An option is to create a virtual staff member and store the shared libraries in that logon and logon to this at the beginning of the day.

The ideal location would be a computer that is being used as a file server. Just put Bento in the Login Items for the account for that computer so that it always starts when the computer is restarted.

The next best option would probably be an account which never changes, such as that which might be on a receptionist's computer. Again, Bento could be set to launch on login for that account, and just sit in the background keeping the library open.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948