I did a dumb thing. Time Capsule was giving me errors I couldn't resolve, and
so I used the 'Erase' function via Airport Utility to reformat the TC. Seems to
have worked, as the back up I was having a problem with is busily backing up as
I type.

But ... I forgot that I had a folder of files on the TC which I parked on it
for space reasons. Now I've gone and wiped that folder. It's not a disaster,
they're not essential files, more a nice-to-have. Nevertheless, is there a way
I can recover them? I only used the low level Erase option when reformatting
the TC.

Cheers, Steven