Hi Walter,

just stumbled across this post which I had missed the first time.

My TC has always run disturbingly hot. Yesterday, the power supply died. This is a 1TB time capsule out of normal warranty period.

However, there is a known issue with these overheating/failing power supplies, and Apple will repair them outside the warranty period so I am told.

In the meantime I recommend keeping the TC out of confined spaces and elevating it up on little feet so it ventilates.

DD