Hi James,

We are talking about the DVD Region Code blocking on Mac Computers aren't we
... not commercial DVD Players?

You should know basis about your MacIntosh and region locking. The limitation
is double : firstly is hardware.
This is the first to run when you’re inserting a DVD in your optical drive.
But there’s a second limitation which is purely software, through your
Operating System.

As Daniel has explained how to overcome the issue & be able to use VLC to play
DVDs without affecting the Region Codie issue.
We DON'T recommend flashing the DVD hardware on a Mac for numerous reasons.
One, it voids your Warranty, Two if it goes wrong during the process ... that's
the end of your drive.

What needs to happen is Apple Changes this "Silly" Region Code blocking it has.
 If you read my previous reply to Shay, re the ACCC case in which the High
Court Of Australia ruled that region lockouts breached fair trade and market
competition practices.

So what Apple is doing is possibly illegal in Australia.

Cheers,
Ronni,