Hi Peter

 i don't know if this would help it may be useful  if you want to enhance
your Apple tv ,i'm thinking getting a Apple tv this year some time.

Bart.

From: wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au [mailto:wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au] On Behalf
Of Daniel Forsdyke
Sent: Friday, 26 February 2010 3:43 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: Apple TV

Hi Peter

As I understand it you would have two options.

1. Convert your video files to a format that iTunes recognises. I use
applications such as iSquint and Visual Hub to convert video files to iTunes
compatible formats. Once in iTunes it is simply a matter of syncing with the
AppleTV.

2. Hack the AppleTV to play other formats/sources. This is one that I have
not tried, but there is quite a bit of information available on how to do a
software hack of the AppleTV to use other sources and formats. Just google
'Apple TV hacks' and have read at the options. But hacking involves forcing
an update of the firmware, so can cause warranty issues.

Hope that helps!
Daniel
--
Daniel Forsdyke

On Friday, February 26, 2010, at 01:19PM, "Crisp, Peter"