Hi Severin,

So just to confirm:

In Finder preferences:

- Under the general pane, "show these items on the desktop:" you have a tick
against External Disks, but the disk doesn't show on the desktop

- Under the sidebar pane, "show these items in the sidebar:" you have a tick
against External Disks, but the disk doesn't show in the sidebar

- Under the sidebar pane, "show these items in the sidebar:" you have a tick
against "Sev's Computer" or whatever you call it - if so and you select the
computer in the sidebar, does the disk show up in the next column (assuming
column view) - for me my usb drive shows up here whether or not I have it
set to show in the sidebar or on the desktop.

In Disk utility:

- The top level device is showing up and verifies AND
- The next level volume(s) are showing as mounted (ie in black, not grey)

Have you tried unmounting and remounting the volume(s) from the disk utility
toolbar to see if that triggers finder to see it/them.

Sorry, but that's all that comes to mind on this soggy Albany day.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia

PS. Congratulations to Jenny on her win in the Art Prize last night.