Hi Peter,

On 01/04/2010, at 2:54 PM, Crisp, Peter wrote:

> I have a Macbook (with Snow Leopard) wirelessly connected to a Time capsule
> which in turn has a Epson TX710W Wireless printer connected to it
> (wirelessly). Many times when I open the Finder window I DON’T see the Epson
> printer as an available shared device – yet I am able to send print jobs
> which successfully print to it. I did a scan to a memory card inserted in the
> CF slot of the Epson and am unable to browse to it to pick up the resultant
> PDF from the scan.

You scanned to the Memory Card, the file is saved to the Memory Card.
If you scan to your computer, the file is saved to the computer.

> There are times when I do see the printer there as a Shared Device and no
> problem browsing in those instances – but I cant figure why it is there
> sometimes and not other times.
>
> Is there a setting I have missed or is a reboot required somewhere?
>
> Thanks for any experiences anyone here has.

As far as I know the Epson TX710W shouldn't show in the Sidebar under "Shared"
of a Finder Window.
The sidebar is where you can access commonly used items, including volumes,
folders, applications, and documents.

The TX710W is not a mountable volume. It is shared for Printing & Scanning, not
for accessing from the Finder like a shared volume.

My TX700W never shows in the sidebar under Shared.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)