John,

you don't say what format the original movie is in. Did you create it in iMovie
or is it a movie off YouTube or something similar?

A home video player will play movies that are in a particular format, this is
the job for iDVD or perhaps Toast if you have that. If you open a commercial
DVD on your computer you will see a video folder containing .VOB documents.
THis is the format for videos used on a home DVD player.

When you copy and burn to a DVD disk straight from the computer the disk is
merely a data / storage disk. Home video players usually won't play these disks.

                     Regards,
                     Eugene

<<inline: (null) 4.tiff>>