On 17/4/10 8:16 PM, "John Daniels" <jdani...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all
> Can anyone tell me what version of Adobe Reader is compatible with Snow
> Leopard. I tried version 9.3 but it won't open.
>
> Also I have iWork 06 which will not open. Can I assume I need to buy iWork 09
> or is there a way around it?
> Thanks
> John

Hi John

Adobe Reader 9.3.2 is the latest and will work in Snow Leopard. (You have to
download 9.3 then run the Auto Update to get it to 9.3.2), so not sure why
yours isn't working.
You can download it from here:-
<http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO>
Make sure you're running the right one as they have one for PPC and one for
Intel. (Though if you're running Snow Leopard then you'd have to be getting
the Intel one) :o)
Same for iWork '06. I'm pretty sure that it should work under Snow Leopard
as well. (Quick google search showed it should do).

Does it give an error message at all, or just bounce then not open in the
Dock?
May need Rosetta installed perhaps for those versions. (Which can be found
in Optional Installs on the Snow Leopard DVD).

If not working, and giving error messages then please reply back to list
with the extra info.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards
Daniel