Hi Kim,

If you can purchase or rent one of these in Australia, it would still be
cheaper than paying someone to convert all your cassettes.
<http://www.ionaudio.com/tape2pc>

"TAPE 2 PC is a revolutionary tape deck that plays and records tapes, with a
twist: it turns your music into MP3s! TAPE 2 PC has a convenient USB connection
so you can plug into your Mac or PC.

Just plug TAPE 2 PC into your computer using the provided USB cable, install
the software and start converting your music. Easily transfer your music to
your iPod or other MP3 player, or record it to CD.

TAPE 2 PC includes EZ Tape Converter for PC and EZ Audio Converter for Mac,
which help you import your music into iTunes."