On 23/04/2010, at 7:57 PM, Shay Telfer wrote:

I wouldn't buy a 3G model from the US as you'll probably find it locked
to AT&T or somesuch.

Steve Jobs made it clear in his Keynote launching the iPad that it is NOT LOCKED to any carrier... AT&T do have the bets data plan in the US and are apparently the only ones using MicroSIMs at this stage there.

But more and more USB 3G wireless modems use the MicroSiMs and I believe all Australian carriers already have at least one, if not more, model of USB thumb drive sized modems that already use MicroSIMs here... so they should be able to supply you with the right sized SIM.

--
Nicholas Pyers (nicho...@appleusers.org)
Founder & Publisher, AppleUsers.org

http://www.appleusers.org/