Hi Edward, there are a few options for transferring documents to the iPad. An
example is a little program that you have on the iphone or ipad, plus a utility
on the Mac which adds a new printing option 'print to iphone' which will
transfer it over your wireless network to your iphone or ipad.

When we have the iWork programs available here there will be options in iTunes
to transfer documents to the iPad and work on them there.

But can only view the documents, there is no program like TextEdit available at
this stage as far as I know.

So, for writing documents, I only have Notes as an option. I've tethered it to
a wireless keyboard for writing notes - it feels odd to not have a mouse as
well.

cheers, Susan.