Hi Glenn,

I've experienced the mid-call reboot too. There's an Apple Discussion thread
about it here,:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2471090&start=0&tstart=0

Seems to be across carriers (and countries). Some are reporting Apple are
replacing phones under warranty with iOS3 versions and instructing users not to
upgrade to iOS4.

FWIW I have a 3GS with Optus. See page 12 of the thread above which makes
mention of a possible iOS4 conflict with Optus sim cards.....

Matt.