Hi Stuart,

You can change the font, using the menu bar Format / Show Fonts  or in the
document menu bar A fonts. You can also open the Style / Open Style Draw and
then set new document text types and or edit a Styles. For more info, see Pages
’09 Help and search for Styles.

Hope that will work for you.

Cheers,
Peder