Hi Peder,
Indeed - since my email earlier today, I realised the Tom Tom would not fit the
iPhone 4 and have now started looking at the Magellan Car kit instead.

It has pretty much all the same features as the Tom Tom (including a GPS chip),
but with an adjustable cradle and extended dock connector so it can fit iPhones
in cases and it sounds like it will fit the iPhone 4 as well.

http://store.apple.com/us/reviews/H0884ZM/A?mco=MTcxOTI4Mzk

It also still doesn't have an FM transmitter and as Chris S mentioned, I have
also aways found the quality lacking, but I don't know if we have much choice
not being able to modify the car stereo.

Thanks also to Eugene for your suggestion.  Looks like a nice very cheap option
and crams an amazing number of features into the unit.  Just a couple of
questions - does it allow you to rotate the iPhone to landscape viewing?  Also,
the specs don't mention an extra microphone for hands-free calling - does it
use the mic on the phone?  What is the quality like on phone calls?

-Mart

Martin Hill
mailto:mart_h...@mac.com
homepages: http://web.mac.com/mart_hill