I'm with iinet Naked DSL & my phone plays up the same way, I've had it for two years, it can be very good for many months then you seem to have a bad patch, the Tech support at iinet said that you can access the router & change the channel the phone is using, I know none of this helps you, just letting you know it's not just Vivid, but I am glad you broadcast it as I was going to give Vivid a go myself, will now keep away from them. ----- Original Message ----- From: "KEVIN Lock" <kal...@iinet.net.au>
To: <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:02 AM
Subject: lousy VOIP

We are connected through vividwireless 'home gateway'. Speeds are good, but the VOIP phone is lousy.

I have talked with their Tech people a number of times, but the adjustments to settings has not improved the reception which ranges from very bad echoes to scratchy fading out volumes. The problems are inconsistent ....sometimes there are echoes, sometimes other problems.

I am thinking of going back to Teltra landline where at least the quality is consistently good and using Skype for long distance calls. The Skype phone calls are much better than VOIP through vividwireless.

I have tried several different phones on the Gateway.

Am I missing something here?

Intel iMac, plenty of RAM

regards

Kev