Our server died last Sunday. Not to worry we admitted to palliative care some time ago but its death was rather inconvenient. We backed up the entire drive the day before. We have taken 2 or 3 other copies on other drive just in case.

In the mean time we are going to use an Intel iMac to run the Genie Solutions server and administration files.

We have two Intel iMacs: 2 GHz Intel core 2 Duo (3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SD Ram) and 3.06 GHz Intel core 2 Duo (4GH 1067 Mhz RAM).

1 Will using the newer, 3.06 GHz iMac provide faster network speed with the Genie server?

2 What regular housekeeping should we be doing to ensure the integrity or the hard drive?

3 Is there any way of telling of when we should be replacing the hard drive?

Stuart Breden
PO Box 132
Kalamunda WA 6926
Ph: (08) 9257 1577