Although I have a love/hate relationship with Telstra I did sleep with the
devil when I purchased my iPhone 3G.

My needs for a mobile are limited and I only needed the lowest $30 plan with
Telstra which included a very moderate data plan. Unfortunately Telstra has
upped their lowest plan by 66% to $50.

This time around I will purchase my iPhone outright and select the best prepaid
plan for my purposes. As this no doubt will not use Telsta's towers I will be
slightly inconvenienced particularly when I'm out in the country. I will
actually have more talk and message time and pay less for data.

Telstra is is arrogant and determined to lose customers. If it's realised that
moving data costs it very little it would drop its price and become more
competitive and people like me would return to the fold.

                      Regards,
                      Eugene

<<inline: (null) 4.tiff>>