Thanks Daniel

Tried turning off connections as you suggest but still freezes at that message.
 Similarly I am unable to delete as freeze occurs when this message is
"ticked"in edit.
I think I will leave it for to-day, it is becoming too frustrating and I am
sure there are more constructive things I should be doing.

Cheers

Barry