Hi all,

I do the following on my network. First I restrict all WIFI access by MAC
address. This prevents un-authorised devices from joining even if they managed
to obtain my WAP key. This also allows me to reserver specific IP addresses for
certain devices, rather then just letting DHCP assign one form a pool. Since I
effectively set the IP address on the router and can now map that name on my
local DNS server to any hostname I like.

Alex