Hi Peter

I had a similar problem with my iPhone 3G. Every time for about a month when I
plugged it into the computer, via USB, I would get a message that said it could
not sync and that it could not find the required file.

As part of the troubleshooting I ended up unselecting all the media files, such
as music and videos, etc. This ended up resolving the issue but meant I did not
have any media on the iPhone.

I must admit I never worked out a solution that allowed me to get media back on
the 3G as I then upgraded to the iPhone4 a few weeks later and can sync all the
media without problem.

The iPhone will not work with iSync as it is designed to only sync with the
computer via iTunes. Also it will not allow file transfer via Bluetooth either
in terms of syncing or file transfer between mobiles - something to do with
security.

HTH
Daniel Forsdyke
--