Hi all,

If I have any complaint about Mac OS X, it is there severe user
interface floor whereby you can be happily typing or clicking in an
application (which is called the "foreground"), and then a 2nd
application from the background will pop up in front of everything
with some kind of question or text entry request, and your keystrokes
and mouseclicks will be errantly misdirected in dangerous ways. I
often lose my work in addition to losing my concentration. This
problem has existed since Tiger, at least. But in the past,
Application switching took about a second, so I was always able to
stop typing before too much damaged was caused. But these days, with
fast computers and fast Snow Leopard, the applications switch around
in the blink of an eye, and by sheer momentum I am overwriting,
misclicking and misentering data in errant places. Complete
productivity killer. Is there was way to fix this? If no one knows, I
will file a bug report with Apple. But I'm sure someone has already
done this and been ignored...

James