Does anyone happen to travel to Thailand with their Mac and know about mobile
internet solutions there?

I have a 17" MacBook Pro (2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, maybe 3.5 years old now)
running MacOSX 10.6.4. I'm going to Thailand for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, and will
probably drive around a lot, staying at wherever I stumble across at night.
Ideally I'd like internet access whether I'm stationery or not.

I have an iPhone 3G in case that's helpful, but I imagine a dedicated USB
dongle of some kind will be better in terms of speed. I prefer speed over cost,
but obviously the cheaper the better, particularly in terms of buying hardware
which may be useless beyond Thailand. Proven Snow Leopard-friendliness ranks
high also.

Suggestions appreciated.

Cheers, Steven