My wife has a dance school and we bought Brother printers because they were cheap and we just needed a stop gap until we could afford more efficient, expensive printers. This proved to be a big mistake. For the cost of the cartridges over a 3 month period we spent at least twice what a 'good' printer would cost. The Brothers turned out to be VERY expensive. One day I said enough is enough and literally unplugged the Brothers and through them in the bin and replaced them with one Xerox ($550, cartridges $185 or so). Do you know that we have not had to replace the cartridge (apart from the original; they are always low with toner) since we bought it. Brilliant!

Hope this helps
Chris Griffiths