From:  Alexander Hartner <a...@j2anywhere.com>
Date:  Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:48:24 +0800
To:  WAMUG <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Subject:  I am a little concerned about recent news

> Reading the recent news items I am getting a little concerned about the
> direction this is heading in. I am hoping it won't be as bad as the press
> makes it out to be, but some of these topics do still worry me more then a
> little.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/01/mac_app_store/
>
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20020338-260.html
>
> Gosling blows lid off Jobs Java nonsense
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/22/jobs_on_java_for_mac/>
>
> Jobs' Lion to marry Mac OS X and iOS
> <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/20/mac_os_x_lion/>
>
> What do my fellow WAMuggers think ?
>
> Alex

Trouble is business is starting to look more and more like politics every
day (and by politics I mean theatrical  dramatics)   Given that all the main
players are sounding  like this (and for all the Android "open platform"
talk most of the companies selling them try lock you in to their skin) its a
case of either picking the lesser of the evils, the devil you know or just
ignoring them and getting what you need to get the job done.

To me I guess so long as they don't lock you in to the app store with Mac
OSX they can gesticulate in the press as much as they want.  So long as the
Apple computer platform continues to allow you to load what you want when
you want from where you want then  I'm not going to sweat on it too much