Hi All and Brian

I believe you're talking about Firesheep a Firefox plug-in that was released
two weeks ago. At a hacking conference somewhere in the US. I won't go into
this too much but definitely worth having a look

Here's the important information how to protect yourself.

   1. Do not use public WiFi (that his unsecured)
   2. Use a script that forces the use of HTTPS

How you can protect others if you operate your own wireless router turn on
encryption requires WPA OR WPA2 apparently this encrypts the users traffic
between the user and the wireless router. then you can either hand out the
password where publicly OR you can place the password were in SSID

There's probably a lot more solutions out there now since I last checked
last week sometime.

Also probably Worth a listen if you want a lot more information.

Security Now 272: Firesheep - http://www.twit.tv/sn272
Security Now 273: Your Questions, Steve's Answers #104 -
http://www.twit.tv/sn273

Firesheep - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firesheep

Session hijacking - Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Session_hijacking

Firesheep - Main Website
http://codebutler.com/firesheep

Firesheep -  Firefox plug-in + Source Code
http://codebutler.github.com/firesheep/

--
Regards Kyle