On 07/11/2010, at 3:30 AM, Rob Davies wrote:

> Morning Again,
>
> Ah Ha refreshed Apple store. Entry level is now at $3199, and memory $525.
>
> On the side of discontinued, I think Apple could be moving towards mac
> mini-servers, as this is the market for there server release. Put a few in
> the network and they perform extraordinarily, and this would be sufficient
> for most design studios, offices, education institutions to support an OS X
> Lab or Two whom already have other backbones in place.
>
> Besides this great effort of iPad and iPhone to actually connect to an
> Exchange server over there own in house server has many asking questions.
> Although this does raise eyebrows about Apples plans for Enterprise and
> further support within this realm for own devices considering uptake of said
> devices. Media companies could be scratching heads with FCP server and Xsan a
> small problem, hopefully SJ pulls Rabbit out of hat for these, although I
> think acceptance into other servers with software could be inevitable.

Apple have recently partnered with Unisys, who have a wide range of servers,
all of which can apparently run Mac OS X Server, according to one source I read
on the weekend. Perhaps there is a grander scheme afoot here...

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948