Thank you Neil

From:  Neil Houghton <n...@possumology.com>
Date:  Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:04:54 +0800
Subject:  Re: wkresources

Hi Michael,

Google is your friend ;o)

It seems that this is currently a ³feature² of Office 2011 ­ there is some
discussion of the issue here:
<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12522158&tstart=0>
<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12522158&tstart=0>

I haven¹t read the whole thread, but it is suggested:
> It's coming from WLMKernel.framework, part of Office. It creates the file
> /private/var/folders/xx/yy/TemporaryItems//wkresources
>
> where xx and yy are specific to your machine. Pretty classy Microsoft, with
> the "//".
>
> Anyway, it gets created every time a Microsoft Office app gets launched. Looks
> like all the crap that goes into .../TemporaryItems gets cleaned up when you
> quit the app, but wkresources doesn't get deleted.
>
> So it shows up in your trash as Recovered Files.

It doesn¹t seem to be a problem for anyone (apart from the WTF factor!)

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton