Hi Clive,

Yes, I had a similar one a while back (from a Hong Kong domain register,
from memory) - you will have got it because you are the registered contact
for ikondesign.com.au ­ they are basically trying to sell you some more
ikondesign.xxx web domains ­ they are trying to impart some sense of urgency
by claiming that "Sharry Investment Co., Ltd" are trying to register these
various domains and register "ikondesign" as a Network Brand.

In my case, our domain was potoroo.org and I discussed the email/issue with
our group ­ basically we suspected there was no great interest in the
various asian potoroo domains and we didn¹t really care if anyone else DID
register them ­ however, it made us think that potoroo.org.au WAS still
available ­ and we wanted to avoid any confusion between the .org and
.org.au addresses if anyone did register that.

We decided that we would register the potoroo.org.au domain (and just point
both domains to the same site) - however, there was no way I was going to
register the domain through some asian registrar who used these sort of
tactics. Basically I strung them along for a few days with various questions
(who are you, who is the entity that is trying to register these other
domains, etc, etc) while I cleared the purchase with our group and
registered the domain through an Australian registrar.

In your case, I notice that ikondesign.com is already taken by somebody in
Norway ­ so, unless that you think you may want to establish a net presence
across asia, I would just ignore it ­ even if you would like to register one
of these asian domains, I would not go to a company that used these spamming
tactics!!

PS.  I see from your website that, amongst other thing, you offer web and
domain hosting ­ kind of ironic that they should target you with this domain
hosting spam ;o)

Cheers

Neil
--