From: wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au [mailto:wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au] On Behalf Of cm
Sent: Tuesday, 30 November 2010 6:41 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: Show Desktop

Hi Peter,

In Snow Leopard, show desktop is a feature of Exposé. There are a number of
ways to activate it that I know of, and other members may know of more.

1) My favourite, if you have a multitouch mouse pad as found on later MacBooks
or a magic track pad, is a four-finger swipe upwards. To return all the windows
one does a four-finger swipe down.

2) There is a function key in Exposé to trigger this feature. By default on my
MBP it is F11. That means that to use it one presses Function-F11 so as not the
get the volume setting. To return the windows press Function-F11 again. This is
set to a different key on iMacs and is configurable in Exposé settings.

3) If you go to system preference and go to the Exposé settings, one can
configure a hot corner of the screen to show the desktop. Returning the mouse
to the same hot corner of the desktop replaces the window.

There are likely other methods as well that I am not familiar with.

Cheers,

Carlo