Hi WAMUGgers

I've had an awful time with Telstra getting a prepaid Browse Plus Pack working
on my lovely new  iPhone 4. I couldn't access my Telstra on line billing
properly last night (not the first time mind you) as it consistently told me I
either had no prepaid mobile phone, or that there was a website error. It even
showed me the account details of a complete stranger! I ended up buying the
pack by phone to be assured I'd just need to turn my phone off and on again to
get it working. No that didn't work. This morning I checked again but still no
internet access.

Lovely Hannah at Mitchell and Brown up here in Geraldton came to my rescue and
spent an hour on the phone with Telstra before they went to level 3 technical
support. About an hour later I checked and finally the web appeared in all its
glory on the iPhone. By the way yesterday Hannah had helped transfer my phone
number and SIM card details  from the old Samsung sIm to the new iPhone micro
sIm at no cost, so I still have the same phone number and remaining call credit.

About 30 minutes later a lady in Euroa, Victoria phoned me out of the blue on
my land line phone, to tell me she could see all my Telstra account details
online when checking hers, and indeed we had both seen the same other person's
account last night.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem?

I phoned Telstra and the lady there (based in Perth) was aghast at the security
breach and lodged a security complaint on my behalf. In the meantime, beware
Telstra on-line billing security and lodge a complaint if your details appear
to be compromised!

Happy days

Reg

Reg Whitely