Thanks Carlo!  8-)

BarbZ

On 2 Dec 2010, at 6:52 PM, cm wrote:
Hi Barb,

Some of my Apple gear came with me when I moved back to Oz from Canada. Apple power adapters generally handle voltages world-wide -- just confirm that the adapter handles 240V and 50Hz. What you need is called a reverse travel adapter for Singapore, that is to say and adaptor that converts a Singapore style plug to an Australian one. Note, that even thought the power adapter and the revers travel adapter are called by the same term, they are different items. The power adapter actually converts wall socket voltage to computer DC voltage whereas the reverse travel adapter just is a different shaped plug.

With time if you need to replace the power adapter, just buy an Australian one from the Apple store and you can then store the travel adapter for your next Singaporean gadget.

Cheers,
Carlo

On 2010-12-02, at 18:30, Barb Zahari wrote:

Thanks for info Neil.

Sorry all that I dropped off the radar suddenly .. sent to hospital with the foot problem I mentioned (infection causing cellulitis).
Great - got to spend my birthday & more in hospital!
With all my family here from London/NSW/Vic!!

Have the iPad .. working round to setting up ...

My next question is:
It has a Singapore wall plug (for charging) - can I buy just an Australian Apple equivalent?
If so, where?
Or will I just have to use a travel type wall plug adaptor?

Cheers .. BarbZ